What New Saline Residents May Want to Know
To establish electricity at a residence or business in Saline, contact DTE at 1.800.477.4747. Be prepared to tell them the address where you want service, and the date you want it connected. A deposit may be required. A program is also available to let you pay one level rate for service throughout the year. Ask for information on DTE’s Budget Billing program.
To establish natural gas service at a residence or business in Saline, contact DTE Energy customer service at 1.800.477.4747. Be prepared to tell them the address where you want service, the date you want it connected, your social security number, and the names of your co-habitants. Also see the DTE Energy website online at www.dteenergy.com A budget billing plan is available.
To establish water and/or sewer service at a residence or business in Saline, contact City Hall in person at 100 North Harris Street. A landlord or realtor is allowed to do this for you. A signed customer request form is required to establish service. The resident, landlord or realtor must be present when water service is connected. Service must be requested at least one day in advance.
Water Service connections will be done during regular customer service hours only: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm.
Trash & Recycling Services
This service is established automatically by the city when residential water service is established. You may dispose of one bag or can of trash, up to 33 gallons or 40 pounds, per week. Saline’s recycling program allows newspaper, plastic, metal cans, chipboard, mixed paper, and corrugated cardboard to be placed curbside weekly for collection. There is no limit to the amount of recycled items, and no charge for their collection.
- Frontier Communications
- Comcast Television, 4659 Washtenaw Ann Arbor, MI 48108 Phone: 800-266-2278
- Directv, 855-463-7359.
Connect Michigan provides a service provider search engine for Saline, it is avaliable here.
Michigan Works! is the official Workforce Resource website for the State of Michigan.
Find these resources at www.michiganworks.org:
- Access to thousands of Michigan jobs, with job matches based on skills as well as job titles
- Job Market Search feature to find openings by title, skill set, field of study, or zip code
- Personal Homepage to store searches, position descriptions, and communication with businesses
- On-line Unemployment Insurance claim reporting (available in Michigan Career Centers)
- No-cost access to Michigan's largest hiring pool and broadest variety of skill sets
- Streamlined 5-Step Job Posting process, with increased control over your ability to ensure qualified matches
- Ranking of candidates for more precise match to business needs
- Individual Home Page with consolidated list of all job postings, searches, and communication
Information about the Saline School District is available by visiting the School District homepage.
108 N Maple Rd,
Saline, MI 48176
To Obtain a Michigan Drivers License
Michigan Secretary of State
Michigan Department of State
Lansing, MI 48918
You must have a valid Michigan Drivers License within 30 days of establishing residence in the state. To obtain a Michigan Drivers License you must first pass a vision and written test (if you have a valid license from another state). The Michigan Department of State Office is open Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 11:30am and from 12:30pm to 4:30pm. You will need to show Proof of Lawful Presence, Proof of Identity and Proof of Residency. Visit their website for more information.
Business License Information
For information about establishing a business in Saline, contact the
Terri Royal, City Clerk
City Hall, 100 N. Harris
Saline, MI 48176
734.429.4907 Ext. 2209
For information about Saline’s animal control ordinance, contact the Police Department via dispatch at 734.429.7911.